How to Recover Hotmail Password without Secret Question?
As you have not been utilizing your Hotmail account for a long time, therefore you are currently confronting a few issues while signing into your old Hotmail account. This issue is quite common for people, who are known for taking care of more than one account at once. On the off chance, if you are confronting any such kind of issue, then you have the best option to resolve this is via recovery method.
Follow these steps to recover your Hotmail account password:
- Code confirmation during SMS to the recovery phone number
- Code confirmation through email to your alternate email address registered with the Hotmail account you wish to recover.
- Respond to the secret (security) questions you have set up on your account for the security of your account.
If in case you do not remember the security answers as well Hotmail account recovery can be done using the recovery phone number or email address using the procedure given below:
- You need to go to the Hotmail account login page via the link www.accounts.live.com using any web browser on your device
- Click on SIGN IN
- It will ask you for the username, you need to click on the choice TROUBLE SIGNING IN
- Now it will give you the alternative to send a code to your recovery phone number for the account verification. If you have access to the phone number, you need to send the code
- If you don’t have access to this phone, you require to click on Use another method
- You will get the alternative to send the confirmation code to your recovery email address
- Once you received the code through SMS or email, you require to enter it in the preferred field on the Hotmail page
- After the confirmation, you will get the option to reset the password of your account
- You require to enter the new password and then verify it by entering it again
- Click on SAVE
Once you are done with this, you will be capable to access your Hotmail account using the new password. This is how to recover the Hotmail account without answering the security questions.
How do I change my secret question on Hotmail?
Changing security question is not often required, but there are some cases when your try to recover your account using security question. In that case, it becomes necessary to remember your security question and answers. Changing security questions is not very complicated; you can change it by yourself or with the help of the Hotmail support team.
Simple steps to change the security question of Hotmail (1-804-336-2544 )
To change the secret question of your Hotmail account, you can follow the simple steps below. (or for quick assistance contact third party)
- Go to the login/sign-in page of Hotmail
- Enter your Hotmail credentials
- Now go to the Options section, and click on the more options
- Go to the account detail tab (includes password, aliases, and time zone)
- Click on the tab Change In the question section
- Now verify your password and go to the section change your question and answer
- Once you change the question and answer, click on the Save button
- Now, once the setting is updated; the account overview page will get opened in front of you.
During the whole process, if you find any difficulty, you can call the Hotmail support team to get assistance.